buy telfast online uk CLARETIAN MISSIONARIES
The Foundation of the Congregation:
The Religious Institute of the Claretian Missionaries was founded by St. Anthony Mary Claret in Spain on 16th July, 1849. The name ‘Claretian’ comes from the name of our founder. The original name was the Congregation of the Sons of the Immaculate Heart of Mary (C.M.F.). St. Anthony Claret who was an itinerant preacher gathered together five other likeminded priests and founded the Congregation in order to be at the service of the Word of God.
The Aim and Charism:
St. Claret wanted his missionaries to read the signs of the times and to take up any missionary task that is urgent, timely and effective. The aim of the Congregation is to seek in all things the glory of God, the sanctification of the members and the salvation of people throughout the world. The specific charism of the Institute is to be Missionary Servants of the Word of God with a sense of alertness, availability and universality. The Bible Diary Project taken up by the Claretian Missionaries is in view of popularizing the Word of God among the people.
Claretian Missionaries are working in more than 65 countries around the world including 17 countries in Africa. The Congregation has over 3,000 members working in five continents. There are more than 1,400 Claretian seminarians at different stages of formation in different countries in 2017. The arrival of our first Missionaries in East Africa was in 1991. Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania which were missions under three provinces became one organism by the name St. Charles Lwanga Independent Delegation in 2014. There are 47 priests, 1 brother, 16 professed members in this East African delegation as per the statistics of 2017. Welcome to the Claretian Congregation!
For more information: www.claret.org